Modular Foundation Course MFC
The Modular Foundation Scheme is designed to provide basic education in Accounting and related subjects so as to ensure that the candidates entering CA profession have necessary knowledge / skills prior to their Professional Examinations (Module E&F) of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP).
A’ levels (with 2 passes minimum grade C)
Intermediate – Commerce, Arts, Pre Medical / Engineering (minimum 60% marks)
Students with less than grade “C” in A’ Levels or 60% mark in Intermediate have to pass the aptitude test (PPT) conducted by ICAP
Exemption from complete module or certain papers are also available on A level / Intermediate Results basis
Graduation of any discipline
Other candidates having equivalent qualifications recognized by ICAP (for details please visit ICAP’s web site www.icap.org.pk )
The holders of the following qualifications are exempted from some of the Foundation and Professional Examinations papers:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants- UK (ACCA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – USA (AIC PA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – UK (CIMA)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA)
- Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA – formerly known as AAT)
The details of the exemptions may be availed from ICAP web site www.icap.org.pk or from the yellow booklet of “Syllabus and Scheme of Education and Training for Foundation and Professional Examinations”
CAMS is the first college (RAET) approved by ICAP for conducting Foundation Course of Chartered Accountancy in March 1994.
Since you have decided to pursue a career in Professional Accountancy, you would surely like to know which RAET to join & why. Here are just a few reasons to join CAMS
- Option of Further Studies with CAMS after MFC / FTFC.
- The only RAET to have a separate Degree College approved by the University of Karachi.
- Placements in big-five Chartered Accountancy firms.
- CAMS have its own purpose-built, fully equipped stand-alone campus in Clifton.
- CAMS students have been admitted to foreign prestigious institutions like Harvard , Purdue etc. based on CAMS internal examination.
- CAMS is the only RAET affiliated with Karachi University to conduct BBA and BCS programs.
- All these special features, benefits & advantages make CAMS the first choice for ICAP’s Foundation Course.
The Course / Syllabus
After taking admission in CAMS students are required to pass 4 modules of MFC in two years.
A1. Functional English
A2. Quantitative Methods
B3. Introduction to to Economics & Finance
B4. Introduction to Financial Accounting
B5. Mercantile Law
C6. Financial Accounting
C8. Business Communication & Behavioral Studies
D9. Company Law
D10. Cost Accounting
D 12. Information Technology
Internal Passing Criteria
Attendance should not be less than 80% in each Module.
Students failing to get the minimum eligibility criteria would have to repeat the whole module.
The successful candidates are than required to complete 3.5 years
of Article Training with any Chartered Accountancy firm and pass Professional Examination (Module E & F).
E13. Information Technology Management Audit & Control
E14. Advanced & Financial Reporting
E15. Corporate Law
F16. Business Management
F17. Management Accounting
F18. Business Finance Decisions
F19. Advanced Taxation
F20. Advanced Auditing
The details of PPT may be accessed from www.icap.org.pk
For Registration and inquiries please contact:
Fazal Haq Qureshi Asst. Director
College of Accounting and Management Sciences
109-B Gulshan-E-Faisal Bath Island,
Ph: 5837108-9 / 5876074-5